Rusty Angelfish (Centropyge ferrugata)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Rusty Angelfish)
151 Litres (40 US G.)
7.6-10.2cm (3-4 ")
8.1 - 8.5
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Rusty Angelfish
Additional scientific names
- Centropyge ferrugatus
Origin[edit | edit source]
- This Angelfish is found in the Western Pacific from southern Japan to the southwestern tip of Taiwan and the Philippines.
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- These Angelfish cannot be easily sexed visually. However, all are born female, and the dominant Angelfish of the harem turns into a male. He can turn back into a female if a more dominant Angelfish steals the throne.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A relatively passive fish, it gets on with most other fish as long as it is given a suitably sized system. As with other Dwarf Angels, it poses a risk to Corals and other invertebrates if it is underfed. Do not house it with overly aggressive species, and do not house it with other Dwarf Angels or members of its own species unless the tank is over 75 gallons.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Feeds mostly on Algae in the wild, so it should be offered plenty of Algae-Based foods, as well as meaty foods such as Mysid Shrimp. If it refuses food, Angel Formula, a Clam, or food soaked in Selcon or Garlic should entice it to eat.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- A spacious tank with lots of swimming room, Live Rock with caves and crevices that has lots of Algae growth is the ideal housing for this species.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- A typical slightly elongated Angelfish body. Brown on the upper body, Orange on the lower body, and Black speckles across the body. It also has neon blue and black highlights on the edge of its fins.
| This fish page needs some help! Please consider filling out a section, such as
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )